Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Give And Take: Key to a Successful Relationship

From what I see in relationships nowadays, girls prefer boys to be more expressive when it comes to their feelings and they want boys to give more effort in their relationship. They want them to be sweet most of the time. But this actually doesn’t bother me. I don’t care if I will be the one to be more expressive with my love for my girl and I don’t care if I give much effort just to make a relationship work because it is actually our responsibility and duty to do whatever is necessary to make a relationship work. What bothers me most is that some people are not good in showing love to their partner. They don’t know how to express themselves. This is not healthy in a relationship. Because of this, some relationships fail.

In a relationship, it doesn’t matter who shows more love or who is more expressive with their feelings. What matters most is that both of you show and express your love for one another even in your little way. People loved to be love. Showing love for a person gives that person security and the feeling of being important and special. It brings us happiness and it strengthens a relationship. Do this in all possible ways. If you love your partner, don’t hesitate to show that love. It’ll make him/her happy. It’ll make both of you happy! Another thing, when your partner shows and expresses that love to you, value and appreciate it. Don’t ignore those things. Say thank you to him/her. In return, also try your best to make him/her feel important. Show your love and be sweet. This will totally make both of you happy and fulfilled which leads to a healthy relationship.

In some cases, there are people that find it very hard to express themselves specially in showing their love for someone. I am actually dealing with it right now. My girlfriend and I had been together for almost five years. Yup! That’s five long years believe it or not. Some think we’re a perfect couple. But what they don’t know is we have been in a dilemma for years. My girl is not good in showing her love for me. I never find her sweet. She doesn’t seem to know how to show it. So there was this time I thought she didn't love me. I felt rejected, not loved, and it makes me think that I wasn’t enough for her. I approached her, talk to her and ask her why. She said she doesn’t know why she’s like that but she did tell me that she really loves me and that she doesn’t want to lose me. I hold on to what she said. I love her so much. Though she doesn’t show much of her love, what is important to me is that she loves me. And for me, we love because we simply love that person, and not because we wanted to be loved in return. But still, I am waiting for her to change even if it takes time.

For a relationship to last, love should be mutual. Sweetness should be mutual and effort should be mutual. A give and take relationship is a healthy relationship. We should be sweet to one another and we should express our love to one another. Hope my girl overcomes her shyness. I hope she’ll be sweet and expressive too. If you’re wondering why we are still together and what did I do to accept the fact that she’s not sweet and does not know how to express her feelings, I have this three things: I Have faith. I Have trust. I have patience. I love her so much and I hold on to the fact that she loves me. Though she does not show it, I know and my heart knows that she loves me. If you really love a person, trust her with all your heart, have faith, and wait for the right time for her/him to change for the better.

1 comment:







Your Ad Here