Monday, March 9, 2009

Do we fall out of love?


We often see couples today that are very much in love during the first weeks or months of their relationship. After a few more weeks or months, they’re not in love anymore.

Can people really fall out of love?

I personally don’t think that a person can fall out of love. I believe that when you TRULY LOVE someone, that love stays and last forever. If you fall out of love, I think you never really were in love in the first place. It may have been just infatuation or lust.

I had a girlfriend before. She is an adorable and amazing person. We broke up 8 or 10 years ago because of my wrong doing. (I was on my second year in high school that time. Yup! I’m a jerk! But that was before.) I continued loving her and had finally moved on after 3 years. Since then, every time I see her or hear her name I can feel inside me that something is still there, that I still love her. For me that is what I can call true love because I still love her after so many years. I really do! But that love is not romantic anymore… It changed to a platonic kind of love...

When I got into college, I met this girl. I really don’t know what happened between us but I got really attracted to her all of a sudden. I proposed to her and finally we’re officially us! I swore to myself that this girl would be my last and I will do anything and give everything to her. That relationship lasted for a month. Yup! Very long?! Hehe.. What happened was she just kind of fall out of love. I don’t even know what I did wrong. I was faithful to her and I did everything in my power just to make her stay. I cried almost every night since the breakup for 6 months. Then I met this girl (My current partner.) She brought back the sun into my world again. We became friends, best friends and now partners. Now I realize that what happened between me and that ex-girlfriend of mine wasn’t true love. She never really loved me and I never really loved her truly. It was all just infatuation Maybe she thought it was love at first and realizes later that she just likes me. For myself, maybe I was just so into the “changed man thing” that the girl who’s gonna be my next girlfriend will be my last and I will never be a “playboy” again that had made me obsessed and infatuated to her. Now, when I see her or hear her name, I don’t feel a thing, I just laugh at myself thinking of the things that I did in the past. Maybe if we had been together for a long time we both had learned to really love each other. (Hmm.. Can love be learned? Can we teach ourselves to love a person? Now that’s a different story.. I’ll work on that one. Watch out for it.)

I am happily in love right now with my current partner. We have been together for almost five years and yet we are still very much in love each other. She showed me what true love really is.

Real love is deep, stays and lasts forever. Although for some, it stays and changed to a different form of love for we are destined for someone much better. Infatuation is shallow and doesn't last very long. The fascination wears off after a while. Maybe first thought as love, but soon realizes that it was just a crush or admiration.

Thank you for reading. I hope you’ve learned something. Please feel free to comment and make suggestions.

5 comments:

  1. grbe..kakatouch mn niumg tgpost mo..i love it..:) dai ko akalaon na makata ka palan..very nice..:) -myls

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kuya..
    how good ur love story ha??hehe
    sna kuya gnyan din ung luvlife que..
    i want 2 find a guy who proved 2 me d im d only 1 4 him..hmmm i dont know kung keln drtng hehe..i just tell it 2 myself n lang dat God gve a ryt guy 2 me in a ryt tym..cguro..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. bhemsky,nabasa na ni ni K??i bet flattered na maray 2,,saludo ako sau bro,,imagine, u proclaimed ur love for ur girl..that's so sweet..sana si bro mo lyk that rin..wahehe-te ampz

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice stories! I really can relate to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^___^
    nyc kuya ntp0s q nang bashun gb0s..
    wahahaha

    ReplyDelete







Your Ad Here